Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting into the Boat

I took a few days off from blogging (and everything else) last week to prepare for a river camping trip with the huz and kids. Just got back yesterday and wanted to share some pictures of our lovely long weekend on the Sabine River on the Texas/Louisiana border.


We enjoyed the mystery of foggy mornings...

and the majesty of gorgeous sunsets.

The hours in between were filled with beautiful, rugged sights.

I loved rowing down the river, experiencing and seeing things in ways I never could from the shore. In a boat one becomes part of the river instead of being just an observer.


It reminds me that I can choose to observe life as it appears from my present position, thinking that maybe someday I'll do this or that, or I can "get in the boat". I can choose to enter into something new right now, believing that when I do, a whole different (and much fuller) experience awaits me.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, I can almost smell the mossy earthiness. Gliding silently in the morning... sounds & looks divine.

    Adventures & surprises often await, if we can manage to get ourselves in the boat.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...