Friday, July 30, 2010

A Tribute to the Human Spirit


There are incalculable resources in the human spirit, once it has been set free.
Hubert H. Humphrey


I think my mother can do anything when she sets her mind to it. Staying mobile is an increasing challenge for her these days, but she didn't let that stop her when we got the chance to run down to the beach yesterday. In case you ever wondered, walkers work really well on wet sand. I had a hard time keeping up with her!

I think the best part of our pretty much all-round great day was the moment when the first wave hit our feet.  It was sheer joy to hear my mom giggle with excitement.  We watched my son splash in the water and the birds fly overhead.  We soaked in the sunshine and talked about how beautiful this world is.  It was very good.
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to comment for several days, finally found the problem. Thank goodness.

    This post makes me sooooo happy. What a wonderful afternoon with the sweetest mama... an afternoon the three of you will treasure always.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smile whenever I think about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...