Friday, April 8, 2011

A Dream Come True

Today I had the great fortune of visiting with one of the most beautiful women I know, Mattie Seale.



Mattie is the mother-in-law of one of my dearest friends, Susan. (Mattie is quick to point out that Susan is not "just" a daughter-in-law, but that she has become a true daughter over the years.)  To many of us Mattie is "Mama Seale" and just a few moments in her presence today left me with a feeling of peace and contentment.

Mama Seale has a heart of gratitude.  She is well-loved and she loves well.  She has lived a big life filled with the usual ups and downs but when she looks back on it all, she says life has been good "without interruption".  She told me that her faith is the foundation that allows her to enjoy life to the fullest and that her life today is like a "dream come true".  I felt peace and hope settle over me as I listened to what she had to share. 

It seems that every day I am bombarded with information about how to make my life "better".  I am encouraged to do more and be more.  Teachings abound on how to "create the life I want" and "live my best life now".  I believe, though, that great lives are not orchestrated or acheived.  Great lives are simply lived, facing whatever comes with courage and grace.  Mama Seale knows this and her words of experience and wisdom resonate with something deep inside of me.  They call forth a desire to simply let go and be content with what I have and what I am this very day...to realize that my life, with all its challenges and triumphs, disappointments and victories, really is a dream come true because I am loved and I love and in the end that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...