Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring Sketches


It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.
Rainer Maria Rilke


Happy March 1st!  This month I plan to add to my bank of artistic imagery by sketching a bit of my world each day and posting here.  (Hopefully putting my intentions in writing will help me stay the course!)  I think I'll call this little endeavor Sketching My World

So, let's get to it, shall we?

Daffodils are abundant right now in East Texas.  Can anyone explain to me the difference between Daffodils and Narcissus?


The first Iris of the year are blooming by my front door. It is a simple variety that blooms early...solid white, although my drawing makes it look purple.  (I was sketching in deep shade.)  My mom says they called them "flags" when she was a girl.  That 's kind-of fun...maybe it's a flag to herald the parade of beautiful flowers that will soon march through my garden!  Bahaha!


The blooms in the bouquet in my kitchen are fading fast, so I sketched this lily yesterday.  (Roses and lilies for Valentine's day from the huz this year...so sweet.) 



So there you have it...my first installment of Spring Sketches.  Please don't expect three every day.  I will be thrilled if I can complete one sketch most days. 



I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend.  After last weekend's faucet fiasco we are ready to relax a bit.  I am happy to report we are no longer without running water in the kitchen and I have a new sink that's almost big enough to double as a small bathtub.  



I guess I should have sketched that, huh?  Maybe later...

Linking up today with: 




20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous floral paintings!
    I love spring, too, and am so glad it's March! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your very beautiful floral paintings.
    Happy PPF, Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, I just love your flowers. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your florals! Perfect for the first of March. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me wondering about daffodils versus narcissus, so I had a look around online & I *think* that narcissus is the generic name, while daffodil is the common name.
    Don't hold me to it though ;)

    I absolutely love your sketches! - wish I could create more from real life (I think I just live inside my own head too much)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! love your floral sketches! Elegant ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are so gorgeous! I love them all. The lily is especially beautiful.

    Congratulations on your new sink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great sketches. The lily is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sketches so elegant! They brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your flowers! What a nice way to look forward to Spring. Glad to read that your kitchentroubles are resolved! Impressive sink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your flower paintings. That's one of my favorite things to try. Yours are beautiful. And congrats on water in the kitchen again. Your new sink looks fabulous. I wish I had one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your very kind comment on my blog.
    Your flowers here are beautifully drawn and capture more than the essence of the flowers. I especially love your lily...wow!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for taking the time to check out and comment on my blog. Naturally, I had to come over here to see your blog and I am blown away by your talent! So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your floral illustrations are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic sketch paintings and what a lovely sink

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your beautiful flowers - I think narcissus is the proper name for daffodils... Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning paintings. These are way more than sketches to my eyes! I was going to say that narcissus are smaller; but they also have a much stronger smell. Two different flowers from the same family maybe!? Better check your gardening books. I've given mine away I think. Enjoy that new sink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers are AMAZING. AMAZING. I would hang these on my wall!! The lily is a perfect representation of what they look like when they're wilting! Beautiful works here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous sketches wonderful flowers and love your new sink!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  20. The flowers are so very detailed and realistic. You can be very proud of your work. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...