Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No "Givens"

So after all my talk of sunshine yesterday, look what I saw upon waking this morning:


The weather can be so unpredictable as we move from summer to fall.  One day I'm dancing barefoot in the sunshine, the next day I have raindrops dripping from the tip of my nose or I'm hunting for a sweater to ward off a fresh chill in the air. 
Life is just that unpredictable in so many ways.  There are no "givens."  Rain clouds appear unexpectedly.  Frosty evenings send a chill through my bones.  All I know to do is look for the hidden blessings and trust that even the darkest night is broken by the sunrise.

1 comment:

  1. I like surprise rain showers & nippy evenings... but I really need to stay barefoot year round. Pretty much the way I feel about life in general.

    Love,
    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...