Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where Did I Go?

Yay!  I'm back!  Since I didn't post any pictures over the holidays I thought I'd share my favorite photo of our puppies.  Dakota is almost a year old and at the time this image was taken, Deisel was about 2 months.  As you can see, Dakota was maybe not so excited about his new friend.

So I haven't posted since November. What's up with that? Yes, the holidays came and it was a busy season, but was it that busy? Not really. Besides, we make time for the things we truly love and I love blogging, right?

So why can't I seem to make myself put my thoughts to paper (or keyboard) lately?

I'm doing that "thing" again. It's that thing where I can't simply do something for the pure joy of it. Somehow it was beginning to morph into a chore...a task...an assignment. I slowly succumbed to the temptation to think about attracting more readers, more followers. I saw the potential for my blog as a marketing tool for my jewelry business and I began to move in that direction.

The joy of writing my little blog was slowly draining away

Instead of sharing my heart, I began to feel like a ghost writer for someone I thought I should and maybe even wanted to be.

You know, I've been there and done that.  For years I tried to be who other people said I should be.  I tried to fit the mold, to meet the expectations.  The truth is, when I am in my studio or writing a blog post, I sometimes get a glimpse of a girl who wants to be known but always ends up hiding.  I think I recognize her.  I think she's me. 

I would like for this blog to be a safe place for her... a place where she can express her heart...a place where she can step into the light and be free. 

So here's my plan: henceforth I will write from my heart and not my head.  I am going to avoid, as much as possible, things like the site meter I am about to remove because they encourage me to try to "measure" my success at this.  It's such a habit with me.  I'm going to have to go cold turkey.

And so, in honor of the child that is stepping forth, I leave you with a few images of a freer, less encumbered me:


 Just playing in the front yard...not a care in the world

"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain one"
Pablo Picasso


 Laughing (as always) with my baby sister


"Assuredly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will bo no means enter it"
Mark 10:15

I would love to hear about the things that bring you joy and your favorite ways to express what's in your heart.  Do you ever struggle to be the true you?

1 comment:

  1. My problem has never been being true to myself, but rather keeping that self out of trouble! By nature, I am a sarcastic pot stirrer and most of my energy is spent trying to keep myself in check! Glad you are back blogging - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...