Tuesday, February 9, 2010

For the Sake of Giving

Drip, drip, drip...definitely an inside day.  I intended to organize my studio this morning, but as I was getting started, I heard a local radio station request handmade valentines for kids in the hospital.  Hmmm...spend the day cleaning, or play with scissors, paper and glue...honestly, which would you choose?
 
I had the best time thinking about what would put a smile on the face of a child.  I thought about the time I had chicken pox and my classmates made get well cards for me.  I kept those cards for years.  My favorite was made by a friend who was super-artsy, even at the tender age of seven.  I'm sure Deborah is out there scrapbooking and altering books even to this day.  Way back then, she glued a little pouch to the inside of my card and included a tiny note complete with artwork.  I remember pulling that little note out and reading it again and again just because it was so stinkin' cute.  Today I put lots of surprises in the cards, imagining little hands touching and little eyes lighting up.
I loved working with bold "kid" colors and fun images (not to mention stickers and pipe cleaners and google eyes).  More importantly, though, I love knowing that these creations will be given anonymously. 
This year I have a goal to give more just for the sake of giving, without looking for any acknowledgement or anything in return.  Care to join me?  Let's see just how many kindnesses we can share without telling a soul!  Of course this one won't count since I told you about it :) 
Have you ever been blessed by an anonymous giver?  I'd love to hear your story!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! Wish I could've been there to join in the fun! I love the idea of doing good deeds anonymously. So many things have been done for me that way. Too many to mention. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...