Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hiya!

Hello from the other side of crazy!  It's been a while, huh?  Let me just say that if ever you wake up to find everything is upside down...that your world is suddenly shaken and the only way to make it through your present circumstances is to take one blind step at a time, keep the faith!  Choose every day to do what you can and let go of everything else.


"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.  Let all that you do be done with love."
I Corinthians 16:24

For several months after the beginning of the year I was able to work very little in my studio.  This was so very hard for me as my studio truly is my sanctuary and working there keeps me centered.  I'm happy to report, though, that I'm back at my desk almost daily now and have a very exciting project in the works.  (More on that in another post.)


Somehow amidst the chaos that was my family's life we managed to move my studio downstairs and I love it!  I thought I wouldn't be able to work without my view of the giant oak in our front yard but, truly, I am just as content looking out at my happy back patio.  I know my little studio needs a lot of help in the style department, but I love it because it is filled with natural light, has a good vibe, and it is all mine!  The best news is that my storage situation is much improved and I am slowly getting organized.



I can't believe how much more efficient having my bead containers labeled has made my jewelry work.  I wish I could find something cuter for beads and findings that works as well but most things seem to be either cute or practical.  I used to try to dress the drawers up with cute little labels I tea stained and printed myself but it turned out to be a rather silly venture.  The labels didn't really stick well and it was a pain to make more, so my organization always fell by the wayside.  For me it's just another reminder "that form ever follows function." (Thank you, Louis Sullivan.)

My desk is almost exclusively devoted to metalsmithing supplies and other tools.  I keep wires and sheet metal in regular file folders in the file drawer...no more guessing and digging around to find the right gauge.  I've stowed my felting supplies and other bulky fibers in my favorite type of storage containers...picnic baskets!


Everything else pretty much fits in the craft supply vault (closet with shelves). 

I confess to being a very messy artist.  Stuff flies all over the place when I'm "in the zone", but I'm really trying to reel that in a bit.  At least I got the studio cleaned up long enough to take a few pics! 

Well, dearies, all this catching up is cutting into my Sunday afternoon nap, so I'm off to get started on that.  I hope you're having a beautiful day and that tomorrow's Labor Day holiday is happy and restful as well.  I promise to post again soon, but until then I hope you'll...

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...