Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Part of the Action

Many mornings I watch the sunrise from the window in our kitchen. Today I stepped outside and became a part of the action. I joined the morning breeze and the creatures of the wood in welcoming a new day. (I confess I ran down the driveway in my pajamas to get this shot.) It felt good to participate in the celebration of sunrise... feeling the damp grass between my toes...hearing the birds sing their morning songs...smelling my neighbor's bacon cooking...

No watching through windows today. I will be fully present in the world around me...a participant and not a spectator.

1 comment:

  1. Ah. You too, are a creature of the wood. Hope your entire day was a gorgeous as the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...